Location: Williamsburg, PA
Standing Stone Consulting Inc. is a professional provider of Security to many different venues including schools, universities, military bases, etc.
We are looking for a School Police Officer to join our team and help protect the premises, assets and personnel. The successful candidate will enjoy monitoring and patrolling the job site, responding to alarms, conducting investigations, and enforcing safety regulations. The ideal candidate will pride themselves in their excellent communication skills, enjoy working independently and have a strong understanding of security protocols. The candidate will also be available to work full-time, part-time and/or varied hours. They will also be a compassionate and service-oriented individual. As a School Security Officer, the candidate will enjoy interacting with minors of all ages, school staff, teachers and administration. The perfect candidate will also be someone who loves to learn, learns quickly and is always seeking to increase knowledge and skills. Training will be provided for qualified candidates. Security experience required with Law Enforcement (either active or previous) experience also required.
Applicants must have:
· Reliable transportation.
· The ability and desire to always be on time.
· Ability to stay alert through the entire shift.
· A smart phone and ability to use different apps for documentation.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
· Excellent communication, writing and reading skills.
· The ability to listen to directives, carry out tasks as assigned and report when the job is completed.
· Assisting emergency responders when they come on site as needed/directed.
· The ability and enjoy to walk/stand for at least 8 hours.
· Ability to lift 70 pounds.
· Must be professionally groomed at all times (neatly pressed/clean clothes, hair neatly tied back or cut to a length that cannot be grabbed, facial hair trimmed to face or shaved, no long fingernails (past fingertips), no jewelry except wedding bands).
Prohibited on the job:
· Ear buds/headphones that inhibit the ability of the employee to be fully aware of their surroundings.
· Vaping/smoking/chewing tobacco while on shift.
Other duties will include (but are not limited to) monitoring bus duties, completing Security rounds of the property, assisting in managing all types of situations, occasionally working weekend or evening sporting events as requested by the school, completing tasks assigned/requested by the district, providing professional service and advice in the areas of security, CEP-TED, and mitigation.
*** MUST HAVE CURRENT/ACTIVE ACT120 CERTIFICATION***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Work Location: In person